Update for those attending the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas Final at Flanders Expo
Strictly draft - 23 november 2015
The ITF and Royal Belgian Tennis Federation, in consultation with the relevant officials and our risk assessment and security advisers, are closely monitoring the situation in Belgium and specifically in Ghent. As of today there are no changes to the previously published start times for the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas final between Belgium and Great Britain.
We are taking every necessary step to ensure the safety of the teams, the spectators, the media and all working staff.
As you would expect a number of specific, additional security measures have been put in place for this weekend's tie.
In particular please note:
- This is a sold out event. There will not be any tickets on sale at the venue and anyone without a ticket will not be allowed access to the venue area.
- Additional security measures will be in place at all entrances to the venue and will apply to all ticket holders, staff members and visitors.
- Entry into the event will take longer than usual. Please keep this in mind when planning your arrival to the Flanders Expo. The gates will open two hours in advance of each day's start time.
- Bags and backpacks will not be permitted into the Flanders Expo, those who arrive with them will be asked to check them into available off-site storage facilities.
- No food or drink will be allowed into the arena. A full selection of refreshments will be available in venue.
- For those travelling into Belgium for the tie we advise that you liaise directly with your flight or train operator for up to date information on any changes to departure times or protocols.
Any additional updates on the tie including any changes to entry procedures for fans with tickets will be made via:
- RBTF's website: www.tennisvlaanderen.be/davis-cup-security.
- Flanders Expo's website: http://www.flandersexpo.be
- ITF's official social media channels and website: www.daviscup.com
- LTA's website: www.LTA.org.uk
- BA: www.britishairways.com/
- Eurostar: http://www.eurostar.com/uk-en
- Easyjet: http://www.easyjet.com/en/
- Brussels Airlines: http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/?gclid=CMOzttauqckCFYIIwwodAbUEqQ